Friday, May 28, 2010

Why does intelligence create dumb actions?

I returned from Nevada after spending a week helping my mom, who moved back from Maine, get situated at my sister's. I didn't use the internet for over a week and I was surprised to realize that I didn't miss it. Spending this time in the desert showed me how much of my focus is using the computer. I am rethinking my life in that context to see if it serves me.

A subject I have found fascinating throughout history and today is how individuals disrupt their lives over the most unintelligent actions. Today, the story was released that the president's head guy talked to the former democratic president, Bill Clinton, to persuade a congressman to drop out of a race and allow the other runner to win the primary. A high-level position was offered in exchange. Whether it was paid or unpaid is in question. Actions like this can topple a president. What I find striking is that they asked someone who was impeached for his own behavior. What is it that breaks free from the unconscious to change a person's life overnight? We all experience things out-of-the-blue, many which may be viewed as negative. It is more apparent with someone in public office.

This appearance of manipulation under the guise of 'politics' gives me an uneasy feeling, especially when I see that those in high office are ethically challenged. I think the Universe is pointing to a change that has originated with a couple individuals here for the rest of us to learn from. The quote, "absolute power corrupts" shows that people who act in this manner have convinced themselves that they are above it all. What catches up with them is the impartial justice of the Universe that is created by the actions of the individual.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home