Monday, April 19, 2010

The Banks. Where is the Justice?

My wondering has been laid to rest as to whether the federal government planned to act to hold the banks accountable, other than shutting some down weekly on Fridays; last Friday 8, bring the total to 50.

The timing of the Goldman Sachs suit does make me wonder. Bank reform is critical so I am behind the president on this. Yet in my opinion to go after this bank at this time was planned with the idea of using it to push through reform. There is something distasteful about this action because of the timing.

There is no doubt in my mind that what Goldman Sachs did, the other big ones have done the same. It does anger me to see how they put these mortgages in groups together, sold them to unsuspecting investors, and then bet the opposite of what they told the investors. There was a conscious knowing of intention to inflict harm. This goes way beyond 'greed.'

I recently read where JPM Chase has borrowed billions of dollars at a negative interest rate. via the Federal Reserve/Treasury and made around 4%. The federal government is not 'walking their talk.'

These banks are in a league of their own and what Thomas Jefferson warned us about hundreds of years ago, that I have sent via this blog a few times, is playing out in front of our eyes. I think the way to make a difference individually is to continue to give our representatives feedback, and trust that the justice system will prevail. I look forward to Goldman Sachs being challenged in court from all corners of the world where they intentionally defrauded the investors by using their trusted name. I look forward to other banks receiving the same treatment. If they are not, then the administration used Goldman Sachs for political purposes only. Without justice we do not have a government of the people. Don't ever give up. We do make a difference. I appreciate anyone who would like to comment.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home