Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Delta and My Personal Evolution

I read a recent article discussing the Sacramento River Delta. The article indicated that it is the most endangered waterway system. There was an aerial view showing the level of human encroachment around this delta which is amazing to see.  As you know this delta is comprised of two rivers supplying the water, and is critical to water availability in Southern California. The discussion of saving species of fish versus watering crops in the Central Valley is interesting. Of course, my thought is once a species is extinct, that's it.  Crops can be planted again when enough water is available for both.

Also, as part of my personal evolution, the content of this blog will start reflecting what I am learning that can be applied to the universal level.  At this time, after a number of recycles/repeats experiences over my life, I can clearly see how my 'business aspect' who has used control to achieve success has controlled me in my personal life too.  Yes, business is all about control, but the personal is all about being vulnerable.  So I am processing grief for the death of this aspect that has ruled this part of my life. I see too that gentleness is necessary for me to make this significant life-change. I smile when I think of looking at this no-nonsense business part of myself in this way.  And I remember how my dad refused to change and instead took his own life. I have put myself through the grinder many times, but I am still here to talk and write about it.  :)

And the last experience that showed me enough truth occurred a few days ago, when my writing critique group's response to my input was to 'get out of your corporate mind.' 

So I am writing about the critical resource of water which symbolizes the emotions.  That's a great combination, and watching what we are doing with what Mother Nature has given us in California reflects our collective consciousness. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home