Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Philosophy

I started this blog because I felt so passionate about what was happening in our collective financial world, mirrored by the collapse of our banking echelon.  And I found myself in disagreement with the experts on how to correct the situation.  

China has been my lastest focus and articles appear almost daily to show what they are doing 'behind the scenes' of the economic turmoil that is taking everyone's attention.  My concern centers around our differences in ideology, and how quickly they act to suppress any expression or beliefs that are contrary to  communism.

A recent event in my personal life is adding a new flavor to this post.  My 98+ year old Chinese mother-in-law is preparing for her exit.  I have known her for over 41 years and she definitely is the strong matriarch of the family.  I feel gratitude and great respect for her and what she has contributed to this world in her individual way.  Imagine what she has seen and experienced in her long life; the Great Depression, World War II (she was in Hawaii when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor), all the technology, and so on.  All of these events, along with her upbringing, shaped her life in the way she lived it.  As I reflect on her stay here on earth, I have come to accept that there will always be conflict, large and small, because that is the human way. Also, Mother Nature displays her own disruptive behavior in many forms to make sure we do not become complacent and also to show us when we need to make a change.  Given this view, I know that on some level beyond our human understanding, all is well.  Each of us who come here are equipped in our own unique way to make our contribution as the journey unfolds.  We decide if it is going to be positive or in the shadow.  We need to be attentive to our inner motivations and how we are behaving.  Self-change is the path in contributing to the 'highest good' of all inhabitants on Earth; all life.


1 Comments:

At April 2, 2009 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Laurendove said...

I love this: "I know that on some level beyond our human understanding, all is well."

That is extremely comforting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home