Thursday, January 8, 2009

Continue Looking Behind the Scenes

To continue what I discussed in my December 1 blog, I want to point out these observations:

*  Like Madoff's fall, am Indian company called Satyam Computer Services (SAY) announced that it has a fraudulent '$1B sink hole.'  Management, including the founder, has decided to stay in their positions and keep the business afloat.   It's stock price dropped 90%.  The story is different than Madoff's but the outcome is the same for the investors.

*  Lebanon is striking Israel.  I am wondering if this setup is going to expand in a way that the 
U. S. and U. N. will be unable to contain.

*  Russia's monopoly on gas sent to Europe shows the vulnerability when the flow is interrupted.

I am  pointing out what I consider behind the scenes activity that we need to make ourselves aware of.  It is like a puzzle; the pieces are accumulating. 

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home