Friday, October 9, 2009

Peace, Market

I want to acknowledge President Obama for receiving the Nobel Peace Prize. What a tremendous responsibility publicly bestowed on his shoulders to monitor his progress towards meeting the expectations of those who chose him for this award.

This week I sold stock and brought my cash position to 40% of my portfolio. I am in the process of rethinking how I invest and also, the memory of the October 1987 crash when I was fully invested played a role in this action.

Gold has reached record highs as the dollar continues in the other direction with a few blips, now and then. Countries, like Australia, who recently raised their interest rate is financially solvent, and so has more freedom in taking this action. The U.S. with its debt level is limited in this direction, even for the purpose to counter inflation.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home