Monday, August 24, 2009

Bernanke's words, China, Note of Self-Understanding

Bernanke's words last Friday did wonders to provide buoyancy to the markets. I still think we are in a bear market rally and when the hot air deflates, it will be sudden. Enjoy the ride as long as the helium lasts. Then I hope you are out when it is used up. The statistics I have been pointing out in my previous blogs are facts versus just words. And to repeat myself, he should be replaced.

As you know I have been following tidbits on China. Today, I saw a quote from Henry Kissinger, the man who helped establish ties with China under President Nixon. He said, "I think the center of gravity of the economic world is beginning to shift towards Asia." That is confirmation of what I see as the trend too. We'll need a big couch for all of us to sit together :) i.e. U.S. squeezing in with China. He also mentioned the new alternative or companion currency to the dollar that China brought up a while ago. He see the dollar built around the Chinese currency once it is convertible in approximately 5-15 years.

What is interesting and I found surprising is the leader on producing manufactured goods sold worldwide. It is the U.S. at 20% with farm equipment, airplanes, military weapons, chemicals, shipbuilding and so on. Notice these are big ticket items versus what China sells. They produce 12% and Japan follows with 11%. This information doesn't seem to be mentioned in the mainstream news, and as a result people think we have sent everything out of the country except pizza and beer. :) I am half serious on that statement.

As you can see I am feeling lighthearted writing this article. I discovered something about myself last week. I decide that treating myself as I would have others treat me makes life kinder. Notice the twist on the biblical quote, "Do unto others as you would do unto yourself." That doesn't work well if the self is being mistreated. Any comments or thoughts on this?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 27, 2009 at 11:52 AM , Blogger C-Liner said...

This is interesting Shirley. It irks me how the mainstream news leaves out a lot of things. To answer your question...as someone who had to spend a long time learning how to care for herself-the twist on the biblical quote is true.

 
At August 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM , Blogger C-Liner said...

Let me also add that I came to a humbler meaning about it while thinking about this today. Self-love is s a continuous process that non of us can say we've mastered, just as we haven't mastered doing unto others as we would have them do unto us. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home